SGE (SEAL) LTD are looking for Dairy Technicians to join the team covering Kent and surrounding counties of Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire. Reporting to the Service Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the installation, servicing, troubleshoot and first-time fix on breakdowns of milking plant and related equipment.
This role will offer the successful candidate an exciting and varied career. You will be part of the engineering team and involved with installations on new projects, as well as routine servicing and breakdowns. 24-hour call-out service is offered to dairy customers and this role involves night and weekend cover on a rota basis (once trained).
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical background with an electrical bias.
Hours: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Day-to-Day Duties include:
- Carry out servicing/installation and attending breakdowns of milking equipment.
- Provide preventative maintenance of milking parlours.
- Installation work when needed.
- Provide out of hours technical service support on a rota basis once trained.
- Work in a professional, clean, organised and tidy manner.
- Health & Safety aware within the working environment.
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Represent SGE SEAL LTD in a positive way and maintain good communications with customers and the team.
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is essential.
- Complete company administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order.
The successful applicant will have the majority of the following attributes:
- Good understanding of electrical/mechanical applications.
- Previous dairy engineering experience although not essential as training will be given.
- Strong diagnostic skills - ideally with field service experience involving fault finding on electric/electronic equipment.
- Able to multitask and prioritise workload with ‘can do’ attitude and highly organised.
- Flexible and able to quickly change between task or changing situation.
- Refrigeration knowledge useful.
- Some welding skills useful but not essential as training available.
- Good communicator and customer facing skills will be invaluable, particularly in building strong relationships with customers and staff at all levels.
- Computer literacy, MS office.
- You must hold a clean full UK driving license
What SGE SEAL LTD offer:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual holiday plus bank holidays (28 days) with extra holiday entitlement after a certain number of years
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Work Place Pension scheme
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone
- Specialist tools and hand tools
- Role-specific company clothing/uniform
SGE (SEAL) LTD has been established since 1958 and based near Sevenoaks in Kent, providing steel fabrication and welding facilities together with a wide range of products and services for the farm and dairy industry.
As a Main DeLaval Dealer, we offer the farming community in Kent, Sussex and parts of Surrey and Hampshire, installation and maintenance of milking equipment, serviced by our qualified DeLaval trained engineers, and supply approved spares and chemical consumables.
We are accredited by the Milking Equipment Association (MEA) and our employees receive training to high standards, through manufacturer and in house training, enabling our Company to provide a high level of service.
Salary dependant on experience.
For more information about this position, please contact Mark Schwarz on email@example.com
Please note that in applying for this position you agree and confirm that all information provided within your application is accurate and up to date. In applying, you understand that any false information or deliberate omissions will disqualify you from employment or may render you liable for dismissal.
In submitting your application, you also confirm that you consent to SGE SEAL LTD using and keeping information you provide as part of the recruitment process and/or personal information supplied by a third party (e.g., referees) relating to your application or future employment.